Wednesday, July 17, 2013

TREAT YOUR WATCH

Reading: Acts 20:27-32
Acts 20:27-32 For I do not neglect the whole purpose of God to you.
Be on guard for yourselves and all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock.
Even from among your own group men will arise, teaching them to draw false disciples from the true path and after them.
Therefore keep watch, and remember, that I was three years old, day and night, with no stop-constantly exhort each one of you with tears.
And now I hand you over to God and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you and confer upon you an inheritance for all those who have been sanctified him.
NATS: Now I hand you over to God and to the word of His grace is able to build you (Acts 20:32)

During his visit to Jakarta to attend a Bible conference, I was invited to be a speaker at a church there. Before the service the first of two Sunday morning worship service begins, an elder asked me to hand him my Bible. He explained that the elders are responsible for the accuracy of the biblical teaching that will be accepted by the church, and he will restore the Bible to me in front of them. This is a tangible way to demonstrate to the people that their leaders preaching entrusted to me that day.
This habit of reminding us to always be vigilant. This habit also uplifting. I am reminded that the privilege to introduce to others the truth of the Bible can not be taken lightly. However, it is also encouraging when we see how serious this Indonesian elders in charge of shepherding their congregations.

In Acts 20, we read that Paul met with the elders of the church at Ephesus. In his address to the leaders, the apostle warns them of the dangers of false teachers (verses 28,29) and the responsibility of church leaders to help the church grow in the word of God (verse 32).

Whatever our vocation, treat God's word carefully. If we have to be careful, God's people will grow - WEC

SPIRIT OF GOD USE THE WORD OF GOD
CHANGING FOR GOD'S PEOPLE

Reference
  • http://jers8558.blogspot.com/2011/01/alkitab-adalah-firman-allah.html
  • translation of android aplication e-RH; Yayayasan Lembaga SABDA (ylsa.org)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nurina, Good to be here, Indeed this is good practice, and I appreciate the Assembly. Keep inform.
    philips
    PS. Pl. Remove the word verification from here. That helps your readers to comment easily thanks

    ReplyDelete